Friday, May 26, 2023

listening to God's Word

 Thursday, May 25, 2023 (4:48 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. So many reasons to thank You.

(5:14 a.m.)


Because the words aren’t coming readily this morning, I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to guide me into Your Word. I want to listen to what You would have me hear Dear Lord.


Matthew 4:4

John 6:63

Hebrews 4:12

(6:12 a.m.)


Hm. Dearest God. There’s so much to hear. To learn. To pay attention to. How I ask You to guard and guide my thinking. My attention. My efforts. Make them Yours.


Thank You that we have Your Word to lead and teach us. Truth at its best! Not always readily understood.


Use all You are teaching me Dearest God. You are so good! Great. Glorious. Gracious.


I confess to feeling a great sadness. Countered by a deep sense of hope. And gratitude.


The death of a young mom. Daughter. Sister. Aunt. Niece. Co-worker. Friend. The beautiful celebration of her life. The realization that she’s walking with You.


No comments:

Post a Comment