Thursday, May 4, 2023

at sea ~ 4/24/23

 Monday, April 24, 2023 (7:49 a.m.)

En southern route to Ensenada, MX


(8:06 a.m.)


Considering being “en route” I also explore the idea of being at sea. 

(8:33 a.m.)


Looking into being at sea with You, I was asked if I meant “at peace.” Following that idea I am now examining 1 Peter 3:11.


Turning there in my long used New Believers Bible I am excited as I read “Knowing and Trusting God Is the Source of Inexpressible Joy” (Read 1 PETER1:8). A CORNERSTONE reading track describing the joy You give as “an unchanging, natural by-product of our faith in Jesus Christ.”


Father, thank You. I like the way You have of getting our minds on You. Your will. Your way. Even [especially!] when we are “at sea.”

(9:17 a.m.)


Still reading about Your workings in our lives. Thank You that You, Your Word, Your Truth and promises are what keep us grounded. Ironically, even especially while we’re at sea.


Proverbs 16:9

(10:21 a.m.)

So much Truth! So many promises.


Father God, I came to pray. And I get to keep learning. Thank You. Continue leading and guiding me this day. Further into Your Word. Your will. And Your way.


Use me this day which You have made (Psalm 118:24a) that I will TRULY rejoice and be GLAD in it (24b)! And would You just look at this! The Message version.


All this time from when we first started much earlier, we’re circling back around to the building analogy. Originally I was looking into Jesus as our Cornerstone. Our firm foundation.


The Message (Psalm 118:22) mentions “The stone the masons discarded as flawed is now the capstone!” Other versions list it [Jesus] as “the most important stone of all.” The Passion Translation ends the verse with “holding up the very house of God.”


We may very well be at sea today. How blessed we are to be firmly held by You. Use us as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen!


(354 words ~ 10:58 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment