Friday, May 12, 2023

always growing

 Friday, May 12, 2023 (6:21 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Good morning. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Mm. Yes. I love You! Talk with me about Your love for us I ask (Matthew 7:7).


Thank You Father! I asked. You answered. 1 Corinthians 13:11-13.


“When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things” (v.11). How often I fall back to doing things like a child, Lord! Thank You that You are ever ready to show me Your much better way.


Blessed Father, how I thank You for time to sit here. With You. In Your Word.


Directed over to Psalm 131 I choose International Children’s Bible to tell me of Childlike Trust in God. Thank You God.


Titled as A song for going up to worship. Of David. And described in Illustrated Bible Handbook as “Humility and trust bring hope.”


Father, I want to live this day [that You have made {Psalm 118:24}] in Your Truth. Representing You well. Quoting David’s words here.


“Lord, my heart is not proud. I don’t look down on others. I don’t do great things, and I can’t do miracles. But I am calm and quiet. I am like a baby with its mother. I am at peace, like a baby with its mother. People of Israel, put your hope in the Lord now and forever.”


Yes! My hope is in You Dear Lord!


Back to Paul’s letter to the believers living in Corinth. “Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely” (1 Corinthians 13:12).


Thank You Father that we have Your Word to direct and to guide us. The Life Recovery Bible comment for this section begins “13:11-13 Recovery and growth are never complete in this life; we are always in recovery - always growing. We are still children, needing to mature. Only when we see God face to face will we be complete and whole.”


I like the way Your Word speaks Your Truth to us. “Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love” (v. 13). Thank You Lord.


“Paul shares this truth [all is partial and incomplete] not to discourage us, but to give us hope that someday we will be made perfect. We will persevere in the process of recovery if we have faith in God and those around us. We need hope to endure and be healed from our painful problems and addiction. Most of all we need genuine love to conquer the barriers and bondage of our past. Faith, hope, and love are all necessary to successful recovery. Genuine love, however, is the greatest healer of all.”


Continue growing me Lord. In Your Truth. I want to always be growing toward Your likeness. Do all You must to Your great and glorious end.


I love, need, trust and want You as Lord of my life. Each day. Every moment. Always growing as You know is best Dear God. Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(553 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment