Thursday, June 15, 2023

shifts ~ 4/16/23

 Sunday, April 16, 2023 (6:59 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You.

(7:19 a.m.)


I woke thinking of the shifts You have set in motion in [with, by, through and for] me. My thinking. Choices. Even my actions.


Lord, I am fully aware of the emotions over which I have little to no control. Tears come far more easily than smiles these days. Oh but as soon as I share that reality with You I am aware of the smile on my face.


Father,


Romans 8:22-25

Not a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7)

(7:57 a.m.)


Thank You for the resources right here at my fingertips that take me more deeply into Your Word. Thank You for Your Truth. And Your promises. Thank You that I am not the only person to have thoughts of the shifts that You arrange in our lives.


Back to that first thought from hours ago. I never mastered the skill of shifting gears while driving a manual transmission. Fear kept me from the much needed practice necessary to become adept at anything.


Thank You for the willingness to confess my innermost thinking to You. In so doing You open up more avenues of finding verses I wouldn’t necessarily find on my own. 2 Timothy 1:2 as an example right now.


The apostle Paul’s words to Timothy (here from The Passion Translation) “My beloved son, I pray for a greater release of God’s grace, love and total well-being to flow into your life from God our Father and from our Lord Jesus Christ!”


Father I ask You to keep me fully aware of the workings You are doing in my life. That I will come to trust the shifts You are making. While I have definitely ground my share of gears because of my own fear and hesitations, You know exactly how to shift me from one set of circumstances to the next.


I’m liking New International Reader’s Version rendering of 2 Timothy 1:7. “God gave us His Spirit. And the Spirit doesn’t make us weak and fearful. Instead, the Spirit gives us power and love. He helps us control ourselves.” Yes please! I want to trust and depend on You and Your promises.


Thank You for Your love. Guidance. And the shifts You are implementing in me. Teach me what I need to learn to trust Your process. Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(411 words ~ 8:54 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment