Sunday, May 7, 2023

"En garde!"

 Sunday, May 7, 2023 (6:23 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You for Your Word Dear Lord. Thank You for the privilege of meditating on it. Looking to and into it.


The smile I am experiencing is far more internal than external. Much greater on the inside than out. Thank You for helping me be aware. Of so many things. In so many ways.


I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to forgive my complaining nature. It truly comes about so much more readily than rejoicing and delighting.


Thank You that as I sit here, with coffee in hand, You remind me again of being alert. Aware. On guard. “En garde!”


Lord, how I thank You for the way my mind works. Connecting one random thought to the next. Bringing it all back to searching Your Word for Truth.


I began this conversation with You more than an hour ago. My thoughts continue bouncing from my plan of examining Psalm 23:3 and Your call for me to be on guard (1 Corinthians 16:13-14).


Thank You for the sleep that comes as I I consider You “mak[ing] me whole again, steering me off worn, hard paths to roads where truth and righteousness echo His name” (Psalm 23:3 The Voice). Refreshing, restoring my soul. Giving me new strength. Guiding me “in the right paths for the honor of [Your] name.”


Mm, yes Dear Lord! I want very much to be on guard [“En garde!”], staying alert (Mark 13:33) to the call of Your return.


Use me this day, which You have made (Psalm 118:24a) that I will truly “rejoice and be glad in it” (24b). Glorifying. Lively. Agog. Delighting in You all the while.


Thank You for Your presence right here with me Lord. I love You. I need, trust and want You. Do all You must that I will truly be “en garde” with You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(324 words ~ 7:55 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment