Friday, May 19, 2023

trusting and not being afraid

 Thursday, May 18, 2023 (5:17 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


I’m trusting You. And I will not be afraid. Yes Lord. ♪I will trust, I will trust, I will Trust In You!♪


Thank You Father. You are teaching us. Yes. Where normally I would be afraid of things over which I have no control, You are making us aware. Alert. Thank You.


(6:22 a.m.)


Searching for verses that support trusting and not being afraid I am not disappointed. Thank You Father. There are so many.


Psalm 56:3

Isaiah 12:2

Jeremiah 17:7-8


My thought was to go on listing the sections I found. Let me stay here with You in Jeremiah 17:1-14 Hope The Life Recovery Bible.


“… Turning our life over to God means placing our hope and confidence in Him instead of people, who will disappoint us. When we place all our hope in other people, it’s like expecting a tree to flourish in a barren desert [vs. 5-6]. People will disappoint us and are unable to satisfy our deepest needs. Trusting God changes everything.”


How very true! Thank You God that while I don’t know what tomorrow holds, I DO know that You hold it!


“… When our hope is in God and our life is in His care, we are sustained when we otherwise would be devastated.”


Blessed Lord, I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to continue Your redeeming work in each of us. I want to be the woman You created me to be. One who “is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future” (Proverbs 31:25).


“When she speaks, her words are wise and she gives instructions with kindness… Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her…” (26-28).


Yes Father. I want to trust You and not be afraid. “But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit” (Jeremiah 17:7-8).


Grow me Lord. As only You know is best. I love You. I want to serve You. Trusting and not being afraid. Empower and embolden me as You know is necessary. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(409 words ~ 7:00 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment