Tuesday, May 23, 2023

For so many things

 Tuesday, May 23, 2023 (6:03 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. For so many things. Birds. Cool air. Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And strength of Your Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a). Lord, I appreciate the way Your Word comes to the forefront of my thoughts.


Thinking of all for which I am so grateful, Your love came quickly to my heart. And then surprise, surprise! The listing of the fruit of Your Spirit began immediately. One right after the other.


Thank You God for the various translations we have that help us better understand the importance of Your fruit. The Message begins with a question.


“But what happens when we live God’s way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard - things like affection for others [love], exuberance about life [joy], serenity [peace]. We develop a willingness to stick with things [patience], a sense of compassion in the heart [kindness], and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people [goodness]. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments [faithfulness], not needing to force our way in life [gentleness], able to marshal and direct our energies wisely [self-control/strength of Spirit (The Passion Translation)].”


When it comes to food for thought, I love the way different wordings help me think more deeply. Father, how sincerely I ask (Matthew 7:7) Your guidance and direction in living this day [that You have made (Psalm 118:24a)] as You would have me. Rejoicing and being glad (v. 24b).


Two more translations have me smiling. Peacefully.


Amplified Bible fleshes out verse 22 just a little bit more. Describing the fruit of the Spirit as “the result of His presence within us.” And love as “unselfish concern for others.” Patience is “not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting.”


There’s so very much to learn Dearest Lord. Thank You for YOUR patience in teaching us.


It’s the very beginning of this verse in The Living Bible that gives me pause. “But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives He will produce this kind of fruit in us…” It’s HIS work. Not mine. The fruit I get to enjoy is the byproduct of all You are doing in my life. Each and every moment of every single day.


Continue Your good and perfect work in me. That I will continue being grateful for so many things. Thank You. Praise You. I love, need, trust and want You. Use me. Amen.

(422 words ~ 7:35 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment