Wednesday, May 10, 2023

God at the forefront

 Wednesday, May 10, 2023  (2:56 p.m.)

Blessed, Holy Father God,


Thank You. Praise You. It’s pretty much what I’ve been saying to You all day. Yes! Thank You. Praise You Lord.


We’re working as a team around here. Projects galore! With You at the forefront of them all.

(3:24 p.m.)

And here’s a giant smile of gratitude. Glorious Father, thank You!


You keep working in, with, by, through and for us. Most recently with thoughts of You as our Shepherd (Psalm 23:1a). Our good shepherd (John 10:11-14).


Searching about putting You at the forefront, I am referred to 1 Chronicles 11. David became king of all Israel and the people told him, “… the LORD your God told you, ‘You will be the shepherd of my people Israel. You will will be the leader of my people Israel’” (v. 2).


Reading more in this chapter I come to verse nine. “And David became more and more powerful, because the LORD of Heaven’s Armies was with him.”


The Life Recovery Bible comment for this verse speaks of our desire for success of one kind or another. “Here the Bible attributes David’s amazing success to his strong relationship with God. True success is only possible when God is empowering the individual.”


You did that for me earlier. A curt word could easily have turned my whole attitude toward negativity. I confess to seriously thinking of exactly that. Grudge holding. Bridge burning. You kept reminding me not to take it personally. Thank You Father. YOU saved our day. Again.


Back to the end of “11:9 … True success in life can only be achieved when we put God first. Everything else in life is secondary.” Oh yes Dear Lord! Thank You for continuing to instill Your Truth in us.


David knew he needed You at the forefront of his reign. Thank You for his example Lord


Thank You too for these reminding verses of putting You first:


Deuteronomy 10:12-13

Proverbs 3:6; 16:3

Matthew 6:33


You are truly good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. And I want to follow Your lead every single day of my life. Continue Your work in me I pray. Thank You. Praise You. I love, need, trust and want You. Amen.

(378 words ~ 4:13 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment