Thursday, May 4, 2023

"choose life" ~ 4/28/23

 Friday, April 28, 2023 (6:14 a.m.)

Blessed Father God,


Thank You! I woke up singing [♪Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go♪]. And remembering.


Just this moment You reminded me again of the importance of not taking things personally. I confess Father, I tend to take slights to heart rather than letting them slide right off my back.


Thank You that I get to choose my responses. Take offense? Hold tightly. Or open my hands. And forgive.


Right here I get to realize how often my thoughts build to wrong conclusions. The other night I saw two words. They immediately sparked a negative response deep within.


Forgive me Father. My thinking went immediately toward present day political issues. I completely forgot they are also biblical.


Right there on two T-shirts. Giant letters. All caps. “CHOOSE LIFE”


Yes Lord. Thank You for reminding me of the importance of Moses’ words to the people of Israel. I want very much to heed Your urging. Yes Father. Make it so I will indeed “choose life” (Deuteronomy 30:19).


You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. And I want to serve You well this day. Keep my thoughts on YOU Dear Lord. I love, need, trust and want You as Lord of this day, which You have made (Psalm 118:24a).


Use me. Thank You Father. Praise You. Amen.

(227 words ~ 7:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment