Friday, May 12, 2023

crashing and burning

 Thursday, May 11, 2023 (6:19 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You for loving us.

(6:34 a.m.)


Last night’s rest seemed especially interrupted. Thank You for every time my thoughts went to You.


I am confessing to extremely low interest and/or motivation at this very moment. Almost as a crash and burn after an immensely satisfying work day.


Lord! You are good. Holy. Merciful. Kind. Gracious. Giving. Forgiving. I want to be like You.


Looking up what it means to crash and burn with You, I heard again these words. A description of what it is to come to the end of ourselves and the beginning of Your strength.


Psalm 73:26

2 Corinthians 1:8-9; 12:9-10


♪I Am His, and He Is Mine♪ just started singing to me. Oh, but it’s not the hymn I’m thinking of. No. It’s the worship song, ♪In Christ Alone♪


Thank You Jesus! You ARE where my hope is found! My light, my strength, my song; ♪This cornerstone, this solid ground Firm through the fiercest drought and storm… Up from the grave He rose again! And He stands in victory, Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me; For I am His and He is mine - Bought with the precious blood of Christ. No guilt in life, no fear in death - This is the pow’r of Christ in me…♪


You showed me Your Truth yesterday. Shattering a long held misconception of myself. Thank You Father. I am not a failure when I make mistakes.


I am not a quitter when I take the necessary time to learn to do something differently. I am not afraid when I’m actually being alert and aware of circumstances.


You are so, SO good Dear Lord. And I am incredibly grateful for who and all You are!


No comments:

Post a Comment