Thursday, May 4, 2023

♪Have I Told You Lately... ♪ ~ 4/25/23

 Tuesday, April 25, 2023 (8:03 a.m.)

Ensenada, MX


I don’t want to miss a thing of all You have for us this day Dear Lord.


Moments. Minutes. Hours. Days. Weeks. Months. Years. Decades. Portions of centuries. It all seems to be whizzing by. Here one moment. Gone the next.


(8:20 a.m.)


Thank You Father that as I sit here considering what I don’t want I get to switch my thinking over to what I do want. To pay attention. To hit. Catch. Notice. See. Experience. Partake. Take part in. Be there. Show up.


Hmm. That’s it! I want to show up with You. For You. In You. By You. Through You.


How perfect is it for me that ♪Have I Told You Lately that I Love You?♪ keeps singing out in my mind. Right in the midst of reading Psalm 107.


“Say thank You to the Lord for being so good, for always being so loving and kind” (v.1). ♪… Have I told You there’s no one above You You fill my heart with gladness Take away all sadness Ease my troubles, that’s what You do♪


“Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others He has saved you from your enemies” (v.2). ♪For the morning sun and all it’s glory Greets the day with hope and comfort, too You fill my life with laughter And somehow, You make it better Ease my troubles, that’s what You do♪


Hungry, thirsty, wandering exiles (vs. 4-5) cried out to You for help and You did! (6). Leading them straight to safety and a place to live (7). “Oh, that these men would praise the Lord for His loving-kindness, and for all His wonderful deeds! For He satisfies the thirsty soul and fills the hungry soul with good” (8-9).


♪There’s a love that’s divine And it’s yours and it’s mine Like the sun And at the end of the day We should give thanks and pray To the One, to the One♪


Turning to You I end up with completely different songs than which I began. One I’ve never actually heard before. Yet it sums me up quite nicely.


♪Don’t wanna miss the joy, don’t wanna miss the peace Don’t wanna miss the power Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing♪ Do all You must Blessed God. I want to pay close attention to my thoughts, words and actions.


Bless us. Keep us. Make Your face shine upon us. Be gracious to us. Turn Your face toward us. And give us peace (Numbers 6:24-26). That we will in turn share all You provide with others.


We love You Lord. We need, trust and want You. Use us exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(463 words ~ 9:26 a.m.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment