Thursday, May 4, 2023

tweaked thinking

 Monday, May 1, 2023 (5:25 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. I'm back again. Wanting to complete what I started with You yesterday. More thoughts on Psalm 23.


Father, I find it interesting that when I read the same Truth written with different words my thinking gets tweaked. Yes Lord. Thank You for finely adjusting my thoughts and understanding.


Because David knew You as his shepherd we get to consider You as such. Providing our every need. Lacking nothing. Your Truth amazes me Dear God.


I love the pictures that form in my mind as I think of You making me to lie down in green pastures. Leading me beside the still waters. I truly marvel as I become more aware of the nuances of one word choice over another.


Father, it’s these subtle differences that cause me to pause again. Lord I ask You to lead and guide me this day. Truly providing everything I need. I want to glorify and enjoy You. Depending on Your presence.


The Living Bible continues to tweak [fine tune] my thinking. Verse 3 presents You as giving me new strength. Helping me do what honors You the most. Yes please!


Go before us this day which You have made (Psalm 118:24a). I want to rejoice and be glad in it (v. 24b)! Do all You must that we will follow Your leading and guiding as we go.


I love You Lord. I need, trust and want You. Thank You for all You do. Praise You for all You are. Use me. Amen.

(260 words ~ 6:19 a.m.)


(6:22 a.m.)


And just when I thought I was done here’s what The Voice has to say for verse 3. “He makes me whole again, steering me off worn, hard paths to roads where truth and righteousness echo His name.”


Oh yes Blessed God! Do everything You must in, with, by, through and for me that I will follow You exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment