Tuesday, August 31, 2021

BIG stuff

 Tuesday, August 31, 2021 (7:25 a.m.)

Holy God,


There’s BIG stuff going on in the world today. BIG stuff! I look to You to manage it all.


War and weather devastations. Fire evacuations and closures. Lord, it all appears so insurmountable! Thank You that with You, nothing is impossible. Yes Lord. Thank You that I can find a Bible verse and a song telling me exactly this.


Luke 1:37. An angel speaking to Mary. “Not one promise from God is empty of power. Nothing is impossible with God” (The Passion Translation). Thank You Father.


I confess right here I don’t know what Your promises look like. My own imagination takes me in many varying directions. Thank You for always bringing me back to the Truth of Your Word.


Reading a page on the internet [2. God Is in Control] concerning Your absolute sovereignty, I am buoyed and comforted in many ways. Not the least is a poem by A.M. Overton entitled “He Maketh No Mistake.”


Thank You Father that You do not make mistakes! Thank You that You continue leading and guiding us always. Thank You for the reminder that You call us to “surrender to Him the right to do what He chooses to do, whenever He chooses to do it, in any way He chooses to do it, for any He purpose He wants to accomplish, and to use any person He chooses” (Lehmann Strauss quoting from Peg Rankin’s Yet Will I Trust Him).


You’ve given us verses to stand upon:


James 4:8

Psalm 73:28

Isaiah 30:20

Hebrews 12:6

1 Chronicles 29:11-12

John 13:7

1 Corinthians 13:12; 10:13

Proverbs 3:12

1 Peter 4:16


And songs to sing:


♪Ah, Lord God♪

♪Great Is Thy Faithfulness♪


Lead us this day Lord God as only You can. We love You. We need You. We want You. We trust You. Use us as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(336 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment