Saturday, August 21, 2021

And You did!

 Saturday, August 21, 2021 (7:06 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. Yesterday I asked You to guide me through the day. And You did! All day long.


Because of Your omnipresence in our lives, we get to come again to Your Word and be reminded of Your faithfulness. Your promises. Lord God, how I thank You that You are so good. Great. Glorious. Gracious.


I am very often none of those! Take yesterday for example. I prayed with You. Asked Your presence. And promptly became snarky on several occasions. Thank You Father for not leaving me alone in my unpleasantness.


No. You reminded me in more than one instance that I could choose which demeanor I would put on. I could indeed ‘be meaner’ [see what I did with the sound of that word?] or kinder. Kindness won out. Every time.


Holy Father God, thank You for the choices You provide us every single moment. Turn here? Go there. Do this. Say that. You promise to never leave us nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6, 8).


Thank You Lord that this morning I am able to turn again in Your Word and read of Your faithfulness to Your unfaithful people (Ezekiel 16). As well as the hope Your promises bring (Hebrews 6:13-20).


Blessed Lord, again I am asking You to accompany us into this day. Guiding and directing us through every single detail. Enabling and empowering us to stay true to You and Your ever correcting Word.


I love You. I thank You. Continue Your mighty and powerful work in each of us I pray. Use me exactly as You know is best. Amen.

(280 words ~ 8:21 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment