Saturday, August 7, 2021

Together.

Saturday, August 7, 2021 (7:09 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m asking You to lead me into Your Word straight away. My thoughts have been all over the place for a couple of hours already.


Because I’m learning to know You as great, glorious, good and gracious I am purposefully dropping my guard before You right now. You are love in its absolute highest form. How would You have me accept and share You and Your perfect love with others?


I’m confessing fatigue with You right now Dear Lord. Bone weary, washed out, tiredness that all amounts of rest have yet to quell. This I bring to You with a seemingly endless list of things I want to accomplish.


I’d rather have You in charge of this day Dearest Lord. You guide. I’ll follow. And we’ll see where we end up. Together. Mm, yes. Together.


And here You answer Lord. Immediately after I ask.


2 Corinthians 6:2. “For God says, ‘At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.’ Indeed, God is ready to help you right now. Today is the day of salvation.”


This quote sent me over to Isaiah 49:8. And a comment in The Life Recovery Bible.


49:8-12 We see here what God wants for and offers to the downtrodden through His Son, the Messiah. To those who are in spiritual and emotional bondage and depression, He offers freedom. To those who feel inner emptiness and aimlessness, He offers guidance, care and fulfillment. To those who feel battered by life, He offers comfort. To those who are ensnared by addictions, He offers liberation.”


Lord God, thank You! Regardless of our circumstances, You’ve got us. Turning to Your Word we find You. Every single time we ask.


Right now I am again asking You to lead me through this day. Thinking, saying, doing and being all the things You would find pleasing.


I love You. I long to serve You. I want to experience all You have for me. Together. With You. Use me as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(363 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment