Thursday, August 19, 2021

"I matter"

 

Thursday,  August 19, 2021 (5:32 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m singing it again. Same song as yesterday. Thank You, Lord


♪Oh, I’ve heard a thousand stories of what they think You’re like But I’ve heard the tender whisper of love in the dead of night♪


I didn’t have the words. Just the tune. Wafting through my being.


Holy God, You are so good. You reminded me that I matter. 

(6:56 a.m.)

And here I am again.


Different computer. Too much glitching on the other one. And still I matter.


I very well may not know what exactly I am here for in any given circumstance. Yet, still I matter.


Thank You, Father. I’m asking You to lead and guide me in Your Truth this morning.


♪And You tell me that You’re pleased and that I’m never alone♪ Pleased? With me? Exactly as I am?


New song. ♪Just As I Am, without one plea But that Thy blood was shed for me♪ And why was that? Because I matter. To You!


Father, I am asking You to take charge of this entire day. Start to finish. Like the cars that drive themselves. Let me go along for the ride of my life. With You fully taking care of every detail.


How do I master that kind of trust? Without attempting [or even wanting] to take back control.


You are good. And again I sing ♪You’re a Good, Good Father It’s who You are, it’s who You are And I’m loved by You It’s who I am, it’s who I am♪


This I believe. My head and heart both tell me it’s true. So I’m asking You to teach me how to live out Your loving Truth. Trusting You to be enough to meet all my needs.


Oh, this is where I confess. I don’t even know what those needs are Blessed God!


I get lost in the musts. And the wants.

(7:42 a.m.)


Most blessed and holy God, how deeply and truly I thank You. I ask the questions. You provide the answers. Every single time.


What are my needs? 1. Food. In this particular case? Jesus, the Bread of Life (John 6:35). 2. Shelter. That’s You, Dear Father. Psalm 91 makes this clear. And 3? Clothing. Colossians 3:14 spells it out very plainly for us.


“And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony.” Oh yes Blessed Father. I believe this completely!


A writing entitled “Christian’s Basic Needs” sums it all up with the Truth of 1 Corinthians 13:13. “Always remember, Faith is our food, Hope is our shelter and most important is LOVE which is the garment that protects us in all situations and struggle in our lives. For love is from God and His love will never fail us."


Father God, as I go into this day fully trusting that I matter I ask You to go before, behind, beside, beneath, above and within me. From beginning to end. Empower me to stand firmly on Your mighty and powerful Truth.


Remembering at every single turn I take “Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13).


I matter because You say I do. I’m inviting You to provide every single thing I need to glorify and enjoy You this day. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Use me as only You know is best. Amen.

(582  words ~ 8:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment