Sunday, August 8, 2021

"true faith"

 Sunday, August 8, 2021 (7:25 a.m.)

Dearest, Blessed, Holy God,


How I thank You! You provide for us in so many ways.


Friendships. Relationships. Truth. Kindness. Your love. Mercy. Grace. History. Forgiveness. Opportunity. Growth. Even death.


Yes Lord. You sent Your one and only begotten Son into the world that You so loved (John 3:16) not ‘to judge and condemn it, but to be its Savior and rescue it!’ (v. 17).


Now here’s a conversation I didn’t expect to have with You this morning. I was working my way over to John 16:33b. Jesus’ teaching that ‘In this world you will have troubles. But be brave! I have defeated the world!” (Easy-to-Read Version).


And how was that possible? By His death and resurrection!


Lord God, I can’t think of a time in our lives that we have needed the Truth of Your Word and promises more than we do right now. I’m asking You to be with each of us. Teaching us all how to love one another as You would have us love (Mark 12:30-31). Wholly. Fully. Forgivingly.


The Footnotes from The Passion Translation for John 3:16 tell us two things. “[a] God proved He loved the world by giving His Son.” And “[b]… Salvation and regeneration come only by faith. True faith (Gr. pistis) contains a number of components:”


This is where I pause and ask You to teach me well!


[Unpause] “acceptance, embracing something (someone) as truth, union with God and His Word, and an inner confidence that God alone is enough.” Oh most dear and blessed God, we are in such dire need of trusting and believing that You alone are enough!


I love You Lord. And I thank You for all You continue doing in, with, by, through and for us.


Turning to the comment in The Life Recovery Bible I learn even more on the subject. “3:16-18… True faith has nothing to do with our human efforts, social achievements, or material wealth. True faith says to God, ‘I’m a helpless sinner, unable to effect my own recovery. I trust Your forgiveness, which You freely offer me in Jesus Christ.’ This faith delivers us from the ultimate consequence of our sins - eternal separation from God. It also empowers us to make changes in the present that will plant the seeds for a new life.”


Yes please! True faith. Empowerment. Courage to change. Make it so Dearest God, that I live this day glorifying and enjoying You. I want to be all You created me to be. Yours!


I love You. Use me. Thank You. Amen.

(435 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment