Tuesday, August 10, 2021

expecting the unexpected

 Tuesday, August 10, 2021 (5:35 a.m.)

Holy, Father God,


You gave us another bonus yesterday. Unexpected extra time to spend laughing and hugging. Thank You Lord for the unexpected extras.

(5:58 a.m.)


Mm, yes Lord. Thank You for making us aware and appreciative of the little things. The added bonuses. The unanticipated surprises/blessings You have for us.


What would it be like if I were to approach this day expecting the expected? Anticipating with an alternative.


Take even this time together for example. I thought we were going in the direction of extras. And bonuses. Thank You for again reminding me that I don’t know what I think I know.


Holy God, I want to learn to come before You with my heart and my hands open wide. I confess to You the fear that could keep me closed off and hiding. Fear of the unknown. Deep concern over all that is happening in the world, over which we have no control.


Thank You Father that You continue to teach us that You know exactly what You are doing. None of all that is taking place surprises You. Regardless of all the worst, You are still the best!


It is my tendency to hold things tightly. Fearing loss.

(6:59 a.m.)

And then I turn, digging deeply into Your Word.


Praise You Father. Reading the experiences of others I am heartened. Lord God, thank You for every way You remind us of Your presence.


Psalm 73:21-26. “Then I realized how bitter I had become… Yet I still belong to You… My health may fail, and my spirit grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever.”


Thank You Lord for every opportunity You provide us for praising You. Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Expecting the unexpected. And praising You in the process.


I love You. I need You. I trust You. And I want You. Praise You. Thank You. Amen.

(334 words ~ 7:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment