Tuesday, August 17, 2021

resent -> reset -> rest

Monday, August 16, 2021 (5:00 a.m.)

Most Dear and Holy Father God,


Thank You. Praise You. You are good. We are loved by You. Made in Your image. Blessed. Fortunate. Each of us in Your own special way.


Yesterday You presented me with a “reset” thought. While exploring it I mistakenly wrote “rest.” From there I saw the closeness to “resent” and had a new to me revelation.


When I recognize I am resentful in any way, shape or form I can come to You to be reset and ultimately find rest. Taking away just one letter each time. Resent? Reset! Rest.


Blessed God, how I thank You for loving us so much. We were encouraged yesterday to find three Bible verses that end with promises. Today I’m asking You to help me decide.


Proverbs 3:5-6 is always easy enough to remember. ♪Trust in the Lord with all your heart In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path♪


Up next? Jesus speaking to all who are weak and heavy laden (Matthew 11:28-30). “Come to me… and I will give you rest… Take up my yoke… for it fits perfectly and the burden I give you is light.”


The third verse this morning is in Jeremiah. But is it 29:12-13? Or 33:3? Guide and direct me here I ask.


I confess to often starting off way ahead of myself and then fizzling out as time and circumstances come into play. I want to stand firm on Your Word this day Lord. Expecting and allowing You to reset every resentment that I begin to hold.


I have an out of the ordinary day of which I am asking You to take charge. You are good. Your yoke fits perfectly and the burden You give is light. Let me remember that.


Jeremiah 29:12-13. “In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me.” The idea of a child playing ‘hide and seek’ with a parent came immediately to mind. Time well spent with the ultimate Parent.


Promises of Peace and Prosperity “Ask me and I will tell you some remarkable secrets about what is going to happen here” (Jeremiah 33:3). The Life Recovery Bible comment explains, “As we trust Him with our disappointments, failures, sins, and confusion, we will find Him faithful to comfort, forgive, and guide us.”


I love You Lord. My hope, trust, faith is in You. Have Your way this day. Thank You. Amen.

(438 words ~ 5:35 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment