Wednesday, August 18, 2021

squirreliness

 Wednesday, August 18, 2021 (6:25 a.m.)

Good, Good Father,

(7:31 a.m.)

Here I am. Asking Your guidance for the day.


Over an hour of glitching. Jumping. Wonky and squirreliness.


There’s a word to explore. Squirreliness.

(7:54 a.m.)

And here you are. Talking to me about the life of squirrels.


Holy God, I love You. I have no idea what this day holds. But I believe and trust that You are absolutely the One who holds it!


Thank You for the myriad of ways that You use to get our attention. You speak in ways we don’t often understand. [I’m pretty sure there’s another song there… ♪God Will Make A Way♪ by Don Moen!]


I want to live this day to Your good and Your glory. With all the squirreliness I possess, I give it all to You!


Following Your lead to John 10:10b, I begin in the Easy-to-Read Version at verse 9. Jesus speaking, “I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved. They will be able to come in and go out. They will find everything they need.”


Squirrels don’t through gates. Sheep do. We’ve been taught that sheep are pretty dumb. And we are often much more like them. Thank You that Jesus is our very good Shepherd.


“A thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. But I came to give life - life that is full and good. I am the good shepherd, and the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep” (vs. 10-11).


Thank You Lord. I look to You in all my jumpy, glitchy, wonky squirreliness. Asking. Seeking. Knocking on Your door of never ceasing blessings.


Be in and with me this day. By, through and for all I am and do. I love You. Squirreliness and all. Use me as only You are able. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(309 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment