Tuesday, August 3, 2021

gung-ho

 Tuesday, August 3, 2021 (4:00 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You ! You have provided me such a “gung-ho” attitude here of late. Far more good ideas than actual skills to match.


Thank You for the willingness to try, and occasionally fail, at the various undertakings I’ve begun. You are the driving force behind it all.


Things are shaping up quite nicely. Especially with the introduction to, and subsequent misuse of, some power tools. Sparks literally flew as I became aware of the metal trellis holding up a much overgrown star jasmine plant.


Lord, You are providing us such opportunity to try. Miss. Try again. Try differently. Succeed in some areas. And fail better in others.


Thank You for the patient understanding of this dear husband. The one whose head I have bitten off more than once through the years. He who is still willing to help me learn to conveniently coil an electrical cord for easier use and storage.


Also the one who allows for the costly mistakes of this over eager, under skilled laborer. You’ve been here keeping the voices from raising. The snide and snark out of our interactions.


Praise and appreciation have come readily. Again, You mightily at work!


Having awakened to singing ♪This Is The Day… that the Lord has made… we will rejoice… and be glad in it…♪ (Psalm 118:24). I ask You to make it so Oh Lord.


There is a list of things I long to accomplish this day. Long over due correspondence. An unwatched church service. Procrastination at it’s worst! Line me up to Your will and Your way Dearest Dad. Every thing done decently and in order (1 Corinthians 14:40).

(6:42 a.m.)

Starting off with more sleep was a fabulous idea God. Thank You!


Lord, there are so many misconceptions I have of Your Word. I ask You to guide me in learning Your Truth. Your best. Your commands. That I would truly follow them to Your good and glorious end.


I love You. I need You. I want You. And I trust You. Do all You must this day in continuing to bring us closer to You. Your will. And Your way. Thank You. Praise You.


And now, for a completely different song. We’ve been singing the chorus for days. ♪By The Beautiful Sea♪ Never having known the lyrics, or even the actual title. Learning it originated in 1914, here I ask You to use even this in keeping me close to Your teachings for us.


Use us as You know is best Lord. Glorifying and enjoying You. Forever! Praise You. Thank You. Amen.

(440 words ~7:45 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment