Wednesday, August 4, 2021

faithfully trusting

 Wednesday, August 4, 2021 (5:12 a.m.)

Good morning Lord,


Thank You for more sleep than I expected. Thank You that You love us. Thank You that You have a plan for every single thing we encounter. 


Thank You that because of Your Word of Truth and promises we get to faithfully trust You to know exactly what You are doing. Even, especially, when we don’t!


Thank You for the opportunities You provide to tell of Your greatness. Your glory. Goodness. And grace. Mm, yes. Your grace Dear God.


Thank You in every given instance we have choices. Follow You? Or just fall. And even then we can choose to fall in a heap of discouragement or to our knees in prayer.


Lord God, You always present us opportunity to bless or curse. How readily and often I choose the latter over the former. Thank You that even in this You forgive me. Why? Because You know me.


Nothing I think, say or do ever surprises You. You know far ahead where I will stumble. Fear. Err. And choose to start over. Begin again. Accept Your righteousness as my own garment.


Thank You Father. Thank You for allowing me to just show up with You. Desiring to be Yours. To live this day as You would have me. Seeking You. Your will. Your way. And recognizing when I’ve strayed again I am to surrender to You. And pursue holiness.


I confess to often getting distracted by the details. The way things appear. Instead of who You are! Thank You again that You are great. Glorious. Good. And gracious.


Being able to stand firmly on Your Truth, I am able to continue faithfully trusting You to be all the things You say You are. Thank You for Your promises. Thank You for Your plan.


Align me with Your purpose for me this day. Use me as only You know is best. I love You. I need You. I want You. I trust You. Thank You for who and all You are. Praise You. Amen.

(344 words ~ 6:08 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment