Saturday, August 28, 2021

waking up

 Saturday, August 28, 2021 (7:10 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m just waking up. Take me in Your Word where You would have me.

(7:27 a.m.)

Ephesians 5 it is!


“Be imitators of God in everything you do,” (v. 1). Mm, yes please God! I confess to the far too many times that I do not mimic You. Being filled with Your thoughts, love, deeds and character (The Passion Translation footnote).


Oh most dear and blessed Father, how I thank You. I come to You and You call me to “Wake up, wake up; put on your strength” (Isaiah 52:1). And where does that strength originate? You!


Oh Lord God, how I ask You to do in, with, by, through and for me this day all that You know is best that I will truly live by Your Spirit’s power. Making “the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days” (Ephesians 5:16).


Not acting thoughtlessly, but trying to understand what You want me to do (v. 17). Not drunk with wine, because that would ruin my life. Instead letting the Holy Spirit fill and control me (18).


“Then you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts. And you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (vs. 19-20).


Yes please Father. I long to represent You well this day. Sensible and wise. I love You. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(263 words ~ 8:09 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment