Thursday, August 12, 2021

while still in the dark

 Wednesday, August 11, 2021 (6:59 a.m.)

Family Room

Holy God,


You bless us. So much. Everyday. Thank You.


Yes Lord. Thank You.


For over two hours I have been wondering. Pondering. Thinking about what I want to say to You.


I even started a list. While still in the dark, I kept considering the variety of mistakes I make on a very regular basis. Lord, thank You that You are such a loving and forgiving God.


Right here You provide me more options. Choices. Where to turn my attention in Your Word.


There is so much to consider about being in the dark. Thank You that You do not leave us alone there. Ever. While we may very well walk away from You, You never turn Your back on us.

(8:26 a.m.)

Most Dear and Blessed God,


There is so very much written on the subjects of darkness and light. Sin and Your forgiveness.


I make mistakes. I am not a mistake. There’s a big difference there. Thank You for that Dear Lord.


I get to read Your Word. Deuteronomy 31:3 and 8 tell of the promise of Your presence. Romans 5:1-11 reminds us Faith Brings Joy.


We are reminded of our struggle with sin (Romans 7:14-25). And the new life that is promised to us in the Spirit (Romans 8). Praise You Father for all You have done to rescue us from the darkness.


While still in the dark, we may very well fail, flounder and fall. “But joy comes in the morning!” (Psalm 30:5b). Hallelujah, Jesus! Thank You God.


Use me this day as You know is best.


♪My Life [strength/hope] is In You, Lord… it’s in You… I will praise You with all of my life… strength All my hope is in You♪


It is Lord! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(314 words ~ 9:19 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment