Saturday, August 14, 2021

God Is So Good

 Saturday, August 14, 2021 (6:34 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You that You are so good. In fact, that’s what I woke up singing. ♪God Is So Good… He’s so good to me♪


You bless us. You keep us. And still I whine. Fuss. Get crotchety. Cranky. Thank You Lord that You are so much big and better than my many moods.


You are the One to whom we are to turn. And when we do? We are blessed! Kept. Thank You that I don’t have to understand or explain it. No. I get to accept and believe that I am enough. Exactly as I am. Because I am Yours!


Blessed Father, thank You that with all the thoughts that swim around in my head, Your Truth still breaks through. In this particular case, through a Bible verse associated with this song.


I love when I read Your Word and it snaps me to attention. Forgive me as I glance over and thumb through verses until I find the one that speaks to my heart. Here I read and considered Psalm 34:8, 150 and Proverbs 15:29 before stopping at 1 Peter 5:7.


The Message, beginning with verse 6 tells us, “So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs. God’s strong hand is on you; He’ll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; He is most careful with you.”


I confess to You Dearest God, this was not my attitude before the sun rose this morning. Self condemning thoughts ran rampant for hours. Thank You for sending me Your Truth in the form of the song above.


Illustrated Bible Handbook teaches, “How good to know the release from anxiety which comes from the conviction that God cares for us.” Yes! Thank You. Praise You!


The Life Recovery Bible comment adds, “God cares about our troubles. He watched over us and is continually concerned about our welfare! If we truly believed this, we would turn our worries over to Him. However, many of us find it hard to trust God so completely.” Father, this is so true of me. I believe You to be good while turning the finger of blame upon myself.


Here I ask You to do all for [in, with, by, through] me that I absolutely cannot do myself. You can change my heart. My thoughts. Overcome fear and self doubt with Your goodness and grace.


Let me go into this day trusting You to be the good, good God You are. Use me exactly as You know is best. I love You. I thank You. Amen.


(439 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment