Friday, September 3, 2021

Clear Thinking and Common Sense

 Wednesday, September 1, 2021 (7:12 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,


Thank You. There was much good, restful sleep. Complete with an odd dream here and there.


Father, how I thank You for the various ways You take care of us. Speaking to us through Your Word being just one of them.


Proverbs 3:21-26. The Message. Coming here because of verse 24. Staying for Your Truth and promises on the subject.


“Dear friend, guard Clear Thinking and Common Sense with your life; don’t for a minute lose sight of them. They’ll keep your soul alive and well, they’ll keep you fit and attractive. You’ll travel safely, you’ll neither tire nor trip. You’ll take afternoon naps without a worry, you’ll enjoy a good night’s sleep. No need to panic over alarms or surprises, or predictions that doomsday’s just around the corner, Because God will be right there with you; He’ll keep you safe and sound.”


What an amazing comfort! I take it over to The Passion Translation and find different words speaking deeply within.


Wisdom, Our Hiding Place My child, never drift off course from these two goals for your life: to walk in wisdom and to discover your purpose. Don’t ever forget how they empower you. For they strengthen you inside and out and inspire you to do what’s right; you will be energized and refreshed by the healing they bring. They give you living hope to guide you, and not one of life’s tests will cause you to stumble. You will sleep like a baby, safe and sound - your rest will be sweet and secure. You will not be subject to terror, for it will not terrify you. Nor will the disrespectful be able to push you aside, because God is your confidence in times of crisis, keeping your heart at rest in every situation.”


Oh, most dear and blessed God, how truly I believe Your promises. Clear Thinking and Common Sense in one reading. Wisdom and purpose in another. Power. Strength. Energy. Refreshment. Living hope. Safety. Soundness. Sweetness. Security. All because of Your presence!


Thank You Father. You provided me good, restful sleep. Allowing me to wake up knowing ♪This is the day… That the Lord hath made… I will rejoice… And be glad in it♪ 


Empower me in using this rest for Your good and Your glory. I love You. I long to serve You as You so rightly deserve. Do all You must to this end. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I thank and praise You. Amen.

(427 words ~ 8:26 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment