Friday, August 20, 2021

spiritual restoration

 Friday, August 20, 2021 (5:54 a.m.)

Holy God,


Good morning. Can we talk this morning about forgiveness? Or is it correction? Rectification? Hmmm…


I make mistakes, Lord. Far more often than I’d prefer. And then of course, me being me, I come down hard on myself. Where in Your Word shall we go together Lord?


And here it is. Spiritual restoration. Yes Lord. That is exactly what is needed every single time I believe myself to be so unworthy.


Cue the music! Absolute easiest find ever. Thank You God. Phil Wickham’s Cannons. ♪I’m so unworthy, but still You love me♪ How truly blessed we are Dearest God.


I want to live this day in Your presence. Completely immersed in Your goodness. Your grace.


Last night I read a translation of Galatians 5:22-23 that was new to me. I immediately latched on to The Passion Translation’s rendering for “self-control.” Blessed Lord, I have tripped over this aspect of the fruit of Your Spirit for years.


I am not regularly self-controlled. Nor temperate. See mention of mistakes above.


“Strength of spirit” with a footnote stating “spirit-strength” is the description I can so heartily embrace. It takes the focus off of my actions back onto the fruit that grows from Your love.


“But the fruit [harvest] produced by the Holy Spirit within you is divine love in all its varied expressions: joy that overflows, peace that subdues, patience that endures, kindness in action, a life full of virtue [aka goodness], faith that prevails, gentleness of heart and strength of spirit.”


Dearest God, as You work in, with, by, through and for me this day, I am asking You to do everything You must in restoring my spirit to all You would have it [and me] be. Humble. Prayerful. Seeking Your face. Repenting.


Use me as You alone know is best. Living the Truth of Your Word by the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Father, I love You.


Empower me in obeying 2 Timothy 2:22 (The Living Bible). “Run from anything that gives you the evil thoughts that young men often have, but stay close to anything that makes you want to do right. Have faith and love, and enjoy the companionship of those who love the Lord and have pure hearts.”


Romans 12:2 (Contemporary English Version). “Don’t be like the people of this world, but let God change the way you think. Then you will know how to do everything that is good and pleasing to Him.”


Yes please, Dearest Lord. Restore my spirit to what You originally designed. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(443 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment