Wednesday, August 25, 2021

"good and worthy of praise"

 Wednesday, August 25, 2021 (7:01 a.m.)

Good morning Lord,


Thank You for keeping me company after such a scary dream. Not wanting to close my eyes again, I found myself wandering the house. Singing church songs from my childhood.


Gloria Patri. Doxology. The Lord’s Prayer. And much more recently Holy Spirit, You Are Welcome Here.


Blessed, Holy, Father God, thank You that we don’t have to go through any moment of any day afraid and alone. No! With You we get to be brave. Confident. Accompanied. Among others.


Lord thank You for every opportunity You provide us to sing Your praises. Even [especially] in the midst of fear.


Yesterday You reminded me again to look at, dwell on and “continue to think about the things that are good and worthy of praise” (Philippians 4:8). Like the daddy picking up his kindergarten daughter from school, without a cellphone conversation going on. No Lord. He was present with her. Listening as she shared her day with him. What a blessing! And important reminder.


Father, I have a project I want very much to complete today. It’s work Lord. A LOT of long overdue labor. I am asking You to lead me in this enormous endeavor.


Thank You for taking me in Your Word to places I didn’t expect to go. Psalm 117. A two verse psalm of praise. And Philippians. Chapter 4. Joy in the Lord A Plea for Perspective; 4:2-9.


That’s me Dear Lord. Wanting to see things as You would have me see them. With unending awe and wonder.


I love You Lord. I need and want You. Work in, with, by, through and for me this day. Staying focused on the job at hand. Praising and glorifying You the whole way. Thank You. Amen.

(298 words ~ 7:44 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment