Saturday, August 14, 2021

LOVE is all around

 Friday, August 13, 2021 (6:46 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. Use me. I love You. I want to represent You well.


I woke up thinking and half singing ♪Love Is All Around♪ Complete with the name of the 1960s group [The Trogs] who sang it. Lord, thank You for the variety of ways You remind us that YOUR love is all around!


Originally inspired by The Joy Strings Salvation Army Band’s song of a similar name, ♪Love That’s All Around♪ Father, I want to live this day fully aware of Your love surrounding us.


As I read various sites written of Your love my heart continues being touched in unexpected ways. My head nods. I agree with such adamancy concerning the Truth of Ephesians 5:32. “So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.”


Thank You for the work You continue doing on our behalves toward this very end. Lord God, it is only because of Your love for each of us that we are able to freely share it with others. Keep teaching us Blessed God. Again and again.


A profound thought I had much earlier helped me slip back into a restful sleep. Thank You Father for reminding me that You would have “be” rather than “do”. Thinking to myself “just be” allowed complete relaxation to take over.


Again I thank You Lord. Having my attention pointed over to Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God” I dig a little deeper. Sharing his personal interpretation of this verse, Joshua M. Baker wrote, “Be still, be silent, let life be life and take a moment to let God be God.”


What would it look like Father if we really were to “Let Him show Love and Compassion despite our failures and frustrations”? I truly want to live this day exemplifying Your love being all around!


Turning to The Passion Translation (Psalm 46:8-11) again I find peace. And more joy. “Everyone look! Come and see the breathtaking wonders of our God. For He brings both ruin and revival. He’s the one who makes conflicts end throughout the earth, breaking and burning every weapon of war. Surrender your anxiety [Or ‘Let go!’ The Septuagint reads ‘relax.’] Be still and realize that I am God. I am God above all the nations, and I am exalted throughout the whole earth. Here He stands! The Commander! The mighty Lord of Angel Armies is on our side! The God of Jacob fights for us! Pause in His presence


Continue all You know is best in revealing Your love to us that we learn to live and share it. Regularly. Freely. Continuously. Without hesitation or condition.


“We, though, are going to love - love and be loved. First we were loved, now we love. He loved us first.” (1 John 4:19, The Message).


Why? Because Your love truly is all around! Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(505 words ~ 10:03 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment