Sunday, September 11, 2016

treasure trove of Truth

Sunday, September 11, 2016 (7:03 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Good morning.
(8:12 a.m.)
What a whirlwind we have been on together so far this morning!

I looked up “awesome God” and read again in Nehemiah (1:5-6). Considering the rebuilding necessary to insure personal boundaries I searched verses that deal with demolition. Your Word is such a treasure trove of Truth!

I get to read of warnings and history. Promises and obedience. One thought leads to another phrase and I find myself reading in Ezra, Philippians, 2 Corinthians, James and Hebrews. Words like obedience, double-mindedness, strongholds, grief and surrender take me deeper into reading one page and then another.

Holy God, I ask You to guide me in my take away this morning. I know You to be good. Holy. Omniscient. You absolutely know Your best for us. I am before You seeking Your will and Your way. I love You.
(10:48 a.m.)

Amid a partial online church service, several text messages and a skyping chat with our far-off [having spent this day in Ephesus] son, I am back here to continue. Yes. “Continue!”

It was a phrase used in a church service many years ago. A dedicated pastor speaking in a parking lot to a group of women in recovery. It speaks equally loud to me this morning.

Father, I confess to being one who so easily wants to quit when the going gets tough. I often appear to be double minded. Ah, but when I read Your Word. When I have opportunity to read testimonies of other people's experience [POWERFUL PRAYER – DEMOLISHING STRONGHOLDS by J. Mark Copeland] with Your Truth, my resolve is strengthened.

Not determination in my own strength. No. My single-mindedness is found only in the treasure trove of Your Truth!

I love You Father! Live in and with, by, through and for me this day. Rebuild, renew, restore me as only You are able. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(308 words ~ 11:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment