Friday, September 9, 2016

indeed!

Friday, September 9, 2016 (6:02 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You.
(10:17 a.m.)
Yes. Indeed. Thank You!

Thank You that You are good. Thank You that You have a plan for each of us. And they are plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

I confess to You Blessed Father that I fall into the trap of not wanting to be wrong. I don't want to misinterpret what I read. I don't want to lean on my own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). In all my ways I want to acknowledge You. Trusting that You will indeed direct my path (v. 6).

So... With that all being said... Let me be quite honest and open with You right now... My mind keeps scrambling. I have one thought on one hand and then an equal or greater thought on the other. Some of them are of very present day events. And others from 23 years ago.

And back and forth I go. I have watched You work in our lives. I know You to be incredibly good and kind to us. I want to give You far more than I do. And here again I hedge. I falter. Attempt to play it safe.

Deep breath... Asking You to guide and direct my every thought and word right now.

I love You Dad. Deeply. Profoundly. Tears are forming in my soul as I even consider all You have done to bring us to this particular point and day.

You love us. More than can ever begin to be understood. Having Your One and Only Son come live here on earth to save us from our sins? I can't even begin to fathom the pain. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. Spiritually.

The many times I am tempted to play the “Oh, woe is me” card, thank You for reminding me that I truly don't know woe! I am familiar with annoyances. Inconvenience. Trivia. And You provide my every single need (Philippians 4:19).
(2:20 p.m.)
Oh! And do You ever!

Father, I have been here reading in Your Word and of Your Word. Material on Bible.org by Lehman Strauss entitled “In God's Waiting Room – 'Learning Through Suffering' 6. All You Need”. How I thank You for Who You are and all You provide!

We are blessed. Uniquely. Individually. Continually. Majestically. And I am grateful. Yes. Grateful indeed!

Use me as You wish. Teach me to trust You to provide exactly (Matthew 6:33-34) as You alone know is best. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(428 words ~ 3:20 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment