Friday, September 23, 2016

a letter

Thursday, September 22, 2016 (1:22 p.m.)
Blessed God,

It's much later in the day and I am still struggling to find the words to express remorse to another. I've looked to You and to Your Word without coming specifically out and asking Your guidance.

So here I am. Asking (Matthew 7:7) You to lead me in this letter of amends.

Seven years ago I made a mistake. A profound error in judgment. I'm not sure if a prideful mind and heart were involved, but just the other day I recognized an even bigger motivating factor on my part... FEAR!

I wanted what I wanted when I wanted it – at the expense of a little child's feelings. A wide degree of variables kept a young swimmer from meeting the goal I had set for her. Rather than be considerate of her and her supporting family's desires, I pushed her far passed her breaking point.

Blessed Father, forgive me. Forgive the amount of years that have gone by and the other children I have pushed in much the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment