Tuesday, September 6, 2016

daily strength

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 (7:10 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

How I thank You! There was a bit of a funk around me yesterday. No particular reason. Just a little snarly. Thank You for the patience of others to put up with me.

Thank You especially that I am not finding it anywhere near me today. Thank You for Paul's reminder in his letter to the churches in southern Galatia. Chapter 6, verse 9, New Living Translation. “So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the right time.”

I experienced part of that blessing just hours ago. In our darkened room at 3:32 a.m. I found myself singing to You again. No Longer Slaves. The Doxology. The Lord's Prayer. Gloria Patri. This continued for hours. With my heart and soul being sweetened with each new verse.

Thank You God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. What joy truly does come in the morning!

Today I am asking for the strength You know is necessary to meet any all the challenges out there for me to face. I am asking for Your grace and decorum in warding off whatever unseemliness that may arise throughout the day.

I am Yours. Created in Your image. I long to live each moment in grateful praise. And here begins more music. And another smile. For The Beauty of the Earth.

How I thank You for Your presence in my life. This day. This moment. I love You. Empower me to represent You well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(272 words ~ 7:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment