Tuesday, September 27, 2016

asking as I sing

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 (6:40 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You for the privilege of coming before You. Exactly as I am. Thank You for the questions. And the doubts. Thank You for the joy. And the sorrow. Thank You that You are God over it all.

Thank You that nothing surprises You. Not one thing. Thank You that although I can never be good enough to warrant Your love, You love me anyway.

Amazing! You truly are amazing. Thank You.

Thank You for the honor of asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Thank You for the joy that is found in relying on You. Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You.

I come before You this morning asking as I sing. Open My Eyes, That I May See Glimpses of Truth Thou hast for me; Place in my hands the wonderful key, That shall unclasp and set me free

Thank You for the opportunity of seeking and finding You when I sing. Thank You that while I've been aware of You in song before, I don't know that I've ever realized that it truly is You I encounter.

Of course I've noticed the chills and the tears. I'm usually fully aware of something tapping deep inside. Now I get to wonder, “Is that You, Lord?” Your Holy Spirit?

As I continue asking as I sing, another song comes to mind. Open the eyes of my heart, Lord... I want to see You Oh, yes! I want to see You.

Continue working in us as only You can. Opening our eyes to see You and Your Truth. Mm, yes. Thank You Father. We love You so much. Amen.

(275 words ~ 7:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment