Thursday, September 15, 2016

live honestly

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 (8:27 a.m.)
Hey God,

Hi.

Thanks.

How's that?

I have an occasional smile. A sense of peacefulness.

It's a long way from the sullenness with which I originally began my thinking so much earlier. Thank You!

Thank You for extra sleep. Thank You for a dream that drastically shifted my thinking. A dream that showed me getting much needed extra sleep and the benefits of just living each moment honestly. Truthfully.

Father God, how I thank You for loving us. Blessing us. Wanting so much more for us than we even know to want for ourselves.
(9:23 a.m.)

Can I just once again say that You amaze me? Really, truly, blow my mind!

I'm reading in Hebrews 13 about desiring to live honestly (verse 18b) and my head keeps nodding in agreement with the author of this letter. I desperately want to live each day loving others (v. 1).

The Life Recovery Bible comment for verses 1-6 depicts me fairly well. “Many of us with a dysfunctional background struggle to determine which behaviors and attitudes are acceptable; God's clear standards can guide us. We can be confident that God's presence and power are available to help us practice right living.”

Yes. Please! Empower me to right living! Confident in Your presence and power – NOT the fear of making mistakes with which I am so familiar.

I love You. I thank You. And I especially ask You (Matthew 7:7) to continue teaching me how You would have me live. Honestly. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(260 words ~ 9:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment