Wednesday, September 7, 2016

made strong

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 (6:18 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

Thank You for Who You are and all You do. I've had music much of the morning. And dreams with peaceful, beautiful settings.

Jesus, thank You. Thank You that You know our needs long before we do. Thank You that You are our firm foundation.
(7:03 a.m.)

“Firm foundation” led to The Church's One Foundation and 1 Corinthians 3:11. From there I compared with (cf.) 2 Corinthians 5:10.

I read. Sing. Compare. Hope. Sing some more. And now confess.

Blessed God, I continue hedging. Playing my cards close to my chest. Looking up the definition, one meaning begins, “protect oneself”. That's Your job. I know [believe, trust] protecting me is what You do.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 speaks exactly to this. How I thank You that this verse begins by describing You as: faithful, trustworthy, utterly to be depended upon, never let[ting] us down, true to [Your] promises, stedfast.

Worldwide English ends this verse powerfully. “He will make you strong. He will keep you safe from all that is wrong.”

Thank You Father. I am one who looks away from all that is wrong. Work in me that I would indeed be made strong. I smile, even as I consider all this would mean. No fear. Standing firm.

I woke substituting the word “Spirit” in the song I've Got The Music In Me. As I continue reminding myself through music that yes I've got the Spirit in me, I ask You to surround us with Your presence.

Holy Spirit, You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence, Lord

Mm, yes. Your presence making me strong. I love You Father. Thank You. Do all You must to make it so. Thank You. I love You Amen.

(315 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment