Sunday, September 4, 2016

opportunities to practice

Saturday, September 3, 2016 (2:13 p.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You for more fun. Thank You for yet another day filled with changed plans. Thank You for kids (young, as well as fully grown) who love playing in the water.

Thank You for opportunities to practice. Mm, yes. Practice.

Jesus, thank You. Thank You that I get to watch people's lives change as challenges turn into skills. And continued practice gives way to all out fun.

Mm, yes. Thank You. This afternoon I have the opportunity to sit looking in Your Word. Reading first in Galatians 6 and then over in Romans 6.

Turning in Illustrated Bible Handbook I read of Freedom. There are two sections that hold my attention. “Freedom is a union with Christ by which the tiger in us is bound and the best in us is unchained. This is explained in Romans 6.”

And this Truth, “We are freed to concentrate on loving Jesus and so experience the changes God is working within.”

In Romans 6 I read Sin's Power Is Broken (vs. 1-12) and Freedom to Obey God (13-23). Galatians 6:4 tells us, “Be sure to do what you should, for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else.”

So much Truth. Freedom for the taking. Continue providing the opportunities I need to practice all You would have me learn.

I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(246 words ~ 3:49 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment