Sunday, September 18, 2016

"a pathway to peace"

Sunday, September 18, 2016 (6:00 a.m.)
Mm, Loving Lord,

Yes. Indeed. Loving Lord. Hmm...

A very deep breath. Followed by a feeling of relaxation. Contentment. And peace.

Yesterday I took another look at The Serenity Prayer in it's original form.

(8:40 a.m.)
And I'm back!

A bit of a nap. A complete change of schedule and many more deep breaths.

Father, thank You. Thank You for having people in my life who've taught me to always check things with Scripture.

Take The Serenity Prayer for instance. It's good. Really good. But is it Scriptural? You tell me please.

“A pathway to peace”. See: ASSURANCE >>SAINTS PRIVILEGED TO HAVE >>Peace with God by Christ (Romans 5:1).
(12:43 p.m.)
And here I am again. Thank You God!

Thank You for the hiccups in scheduling that allow for change. An earlier time for doing chores to beat the expected heat. A later time to hear Your Word taught to us.

Thank You for the message on “Igniting Your Faith” (1 Thessalonians 3) in today's teaching which directly corresponds with what I was learning earlier from Paul's letter to the Romans (5:1).

The Living Bible paraphrase says, “So now, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith in His promises, we can have real peace with Him because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.”

Looking at this verse it appears a pathway to peace begins with faith. That makes sense. Faith in Your promises leading to peace. Keep working with me to that end. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.

(268 words ~ 3:55 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment