Monday, September 19, 2016

signposts

Monday, September 19, 2016 (5:36 a.m.)
Holy God,

Much earlier I asked You for three more hours of sleep and You gave them to me. Thank You. Now I am asking You to lead me in Your Word regarding signposts.

For right now I will focus on 1 Kings 8:58. Going back and forth between The Message and New Living Translation. Father, thank You.

Even as I prepare to type out both of these renderings, I ask You to seal Your meaning deeply in my heart. In my soul. My mind. Even my strength.

“May He [GOD, our very own God] keep us centered and devoted to Him, following the life path He has cleared, watching the signposts, walking at the pace and rhythms He laid down for our ancestors.”

Yes! Please Father. Keep me centered. Devoted to You. Following the life path YOU have cleared. Watching the signposts. Walking at the pace and rhythms YOU laid down!

That from The Message. Now from the NLT, “May He give us the desire to do His will in everything and to obey all the commands, decrees, and regulations that He gave our ancestors.” Yes. Please. You provide the desire to do Your will.

Other versions say: “may He incline, bend, turn, draw, bow our hearts to Him”. I say, “Yes. Please!”

Very quickly before I leave here to get started on a seemingly ambitious day let's also look together at Psalms 19:7-9.

“The revelation of GOD is whole and pulls our lives together. The signposts of GOD are clear and point out the right road. The life-maps of GOD are right, showing the way to joy. The directions of GOD are plain and easy on the eyes. GOD's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee. The decisions of GOD are accurate down to the nth degree.”

Your signposts are what I long to follow this day Blessed God. Give me the eyes I need in order to see them clearly. I love You. Empower and enable me to follow and represent You well in all I do. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(349 words ~ 6:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment