Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Lord God Almighty!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 (6:03 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You for some really sound, uninterrupted sleep. Mm, yes. Thank You!

Thank You for the opportunity to see the early morning moon and stars. And to sing Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee; Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty! God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!

Mm, yes! Thank You that I get to see and to sing. Thank You for the reparative sleep that truly allows my body to 'make ready again'. Thank You that You alone are good.
(7:38 a.m.)

Holy Father, my mind and body wander. There is much to accomplish. I have peace-filled energy but little stick-to-it-tive-ness. So once again I turn to You.

Yes! I turn to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Guide me Blessed Father. You are Lord. God. Almighty. And my life is in You. It's another song. My life is in You, Lord My strength is in You, Lord My hope is in You, Lord In You, it's in You...

As I prepare to go out into this day, I pray Your guidance. Your direction. And discernment. Enable me to make wise decisions on how best to use this energy.

A devotional on Hope in The Life Recovery Bible references Jeremiah 17:1-14. It quotes verses 5-8 which refer to “those who put their trust in mere humans and turn their hearts away from the LORD.” Those people “are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future.”

These verses compare the curses of one group to the blessings of another. Those “who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach down into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit.”

Psalm 1:3 comes immediately to heart and mind. Trees planted along the riverbank. Fruit born each season without fail. Leaves that never wither. Again Blessed Father, I turn to You. Trusting. Hoping. Asking.

Guide, direct and use me exactly as You wish this blessed day. I love You. I want to serve You. And I thank You. You! Lord God Almighty! Mm, yes. You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(390 words ~ 8:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment