Friday, September 23, 2016

change may come

Friday, September 23, 2016 (7:06 a.m.)
Incredibly Holy God,

Thank You! I got to go back to sleep. That is always such a treat. And often a rarity. Thank You. Thank You for thoughts that swirl. Thank You for change that may come. Thank You that You are so good.
(7:47 a.m.)

Thank You for another opportunity to hear from You. This time in the book of Joel. Father, this is where I confess to You my inability [unwillingness?] toward obedience.

Blessed God, Your Word clearly states Your warning of impending judgment (1:1- 2:11), A Call to Repentance (2:12-17), Promise of Restoration (2:18-27), promise of Your Spirit (2:28-32), Judgment against Enemy Nations (3:1-16) and Blessings for God's People (3:17-21).

Father, I confess to wanting the blessings without the hard work. Change me I pray.

Reading the various renderings for Joel 2:13 it is The Life Recovery Bible comment for 2:12-17 that I quote here. “God wanted the people of Judah to come to Him with torn and broken hearts, admitting their guilt and helplessness, instead of responding to His judgment in the usual way (tearing their garments). The people needed to commit themselves to God, examine themselves, and let God change them. Since God is gracious and merciful (2:13), it makes sense to commit our life to Him. He wants to change our pain into joy and send us a blessing.”

Heart torn and broken. Check. Guilty and helpless. Check. Committing myself to You, examining myself and letting You change me – check, check and check!

Father You ARE gracious and merciful and absolutely want my life committed to You. Do all You must too make it so. Change me that I may receive Your power, forgiveness and blessings.

I love You. Empower me to live this day exactly as You wish. Thank You Blessed God. I love You. Amen.
(310 words ~ 9:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment