Thursday, September 22, 2016

First Thing

Thursday, September 22, 2016 (7:37 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

Help! My thoughts are scrambled. There's a list of many things I would like to accomplish today and zero motivation. “Tomorrow” has been my mantra for so long now I honestly don't know where to begin.

In the realm of “first things first”, identifying the first thing is paramount. Blessed God, YOU are my First Thing! First. Foremost. Always.
(8:16 a.m.)
Deep breath. Heavy sigh. And much praise.

Thank You God. Thank You for leading me to Ephesians 2:1-10, Made Alive with Christ. Speak to me here I ask. Loudly. Clearly. Plainly. Arrange my thinking as You must.

I love You. I long to follow You.
(10:29 a.m.)
And again I am thanking You.

Time away for some phone calls, with laundry sorting and a bit of exercise thrown in as well. Thank You Father. Thank You for reminding me just exactly who I am. YOUR masterpiece. Workmanship. Work of art. Handiwork. Accomplishment. Creation. Making (Ephesians 2:10a). Created anew in Christ Jesus, to do the good things You planned long ago (10b).

Because You know every single thing there is to know about me I am asking You to guide and empower me this day. Exactly as You wish. Do in, with, by, through and for me all that You know is needed to accomplish whatever YOU want done.

I'm not at all sure what any of it is. But I do know You to be my First Thing and I am asking You to show me the very next step. Thank You Father for Your love. Your mercy. Your grace. And Your creativity in making me uniquely me. Use me exactly as You desire. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(291 words ~ 10:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment