Thursday, September 29, 2016

indwelling

Thursday, September 29, 2016 (6:23 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! I sat here for over ten minutes. Waiting for a change in my demeanor. And then it came. Not from without. From within. Thank You Father.

Thank You for smiles which remind me to breathe deeply. Thank You for a relaxing of the intensity with which I was holding myself. Thank You for Your presence in our lives.

The next time I am feeling out of sorts, please remind me of the play on words I just had. Demeanor... de-mean-her. Yes. Father, You and Your Word never fail to de/un-mean me. Thank You!

In this vein I am asking once again that You would lead and guide me through every single aspect of this day. Once again there is much to do. Choices to make because it can't all get done. Direct me as You know I need to go. Just like You did earlier when I asked You to change my attitude.

You provided the word indwell for me to search. And with that came an immediate peace upon reading Titus 3:5 in The Living Bible paraphrase, “then He saved us – not because we were good enough to be saved but because of His kindness and pity – by washing away our sins and giving us the new joy of the indwelling Holy Spirit.”

New joy. Indwelling Holy Spirit. Thank You Father!

The Message reference starts at verse three and follows through to eight. “It wasn't long ago that we ourselves were stupid and stubborn [can I have an, “Amen”?], dupes of sin, ordered every which way by our glands, going around with a chip on our shoulder, hated and hating back.” It's like You REALLY know me, Lord!!!

“But when God, our kind and loving Savior God, stepped in, He saved us from all that. It was all His doing; we had nothing to do with it. He gave us a good bath, and we came out of it new people, washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit. Our Savior Jesus poured out new life so generously. God's gift has restored our relationship with Him and given us back our lives. And there's more life to come – an eternity of life! You can count on this.”

Thank You Father. Thank You that You are always so willing to work with changing my attitude. All I have to do is ask. Thank You for reminding me.

Indwell me this day. Guide. Direct. Let me truly live with, in, by, through and for You. Taking deep breaths and teeny, tiny baby steps until You know it's time for me to run.

Yes. Thank You God. I love You. I thank You. And I ask (Matthew 7:7) You. Amen.
(462 words ~ 8:02 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment