Thursday, September 8, 2016

holy and good

Thursday, September 8, 2016 (6:35 a.m.)
Holy, Good God,

Mm. Yes. Holy and good. Father, how I thank You that when all is said and done I know You to be holy and good.

Turning in The Message to Proverbs 16:2, I find myself intrigued and digging deeper. Thank You Holy God. Thank You that there is so very much Truth and hope found in Your Word.

“Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good; GOD probes for what is good.” How I thank You for knowing our spirits. Our motives. The thoughts of our hearts.

Blessed Jesus, how I thank You for the honor and privilege of sitting here with You. Reading this collection of God-given wisdom. Considering all of Your best for each of us.

I have tears. There is such an incredible desire to truly relax and trust You at Your Word. So many translations for verse one and the Truth I find herein.

Expanded Bible, “People may make plans in their minds [hearts], but only the LORD can make them come true [from the LORD comes a responding tongue].”

International Standard Version, “People do the planning, but the end result is from the LORD.”

New Living Translation, “We can gather our thoughts, but the LORD gives the right answer.”

Along much the same line is what we gather from verse 9, “The human mind plans the way, but the LORD directs the steps” (New Revised Standard Version).

Common English Bible, “People plan their path, but the LORD secures their steps.”

New Century Version, “People may make plans in their minds, but the LORD decides what they will do.”

It is to You I look this morning. We have cool, overcast weather with hopes of playing in the pool. Just one tiny example of the best laid human plans.

You have been reminding me of just how good You are since very late last night. I bring You all of my thoughts and hopes asking that You truly would secure my steps.

I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to work in, with, by, through and for me exactly as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(365 words ~ 8:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment