Monday, October 5, 2015

wonderfully warm water ~ 9/26/15

Saturday, September 26, 2015 (9:14 a.m. EDT)
Dania Beach, FL
Most Holy God,
(10:02 a.m.)

It's pouring down rain. Something we're not used to anymore. Thank You that we are safe. And dry. Thank You for the opportunity to sit and watch from a seemingly bird's eye view.

Blessed God, thank You for the adventures we had yesterday. A river cruise of very wealthy peoples' homes [and yachts!]. The chance to playfully swim in the wonderfully warm water of the Atlantic Ocean. More swimming in the hotel pool. And a refreshing shower to finish it off.

What a gift Father. I noticed it at the time. There I was. Completely surrounded by water. And my only fearful thought? That someone would attempt to take the contents of the backpack we'd left up on the sand.

Thank You Blessed Dad for the parents who made sure that as a child I became as at home [if not more so] in the water as I am on land. Yes. Thank You that I get to laugh and play. Giggle and work. Stroke and float. Rest. Relax. Trust. Give in. Allow. Be aware, but not afraid.

These are attributes I long to forge on land as well as at sea. You allowed me to experience the peaceful serenity of the wonderfully warm water of the Atlantic. How do I take that with me into everyday life?
(11:18 a.m.)
And isn't it just like You to answer in such a timely, perfect way.

Psalm 69. David began this sacred song to You while in the midst of distress and disappointment. He knew to cry out to You. Submit to Your will. And entrust his life to Your care (The Life Recovery Bible comment 69:1-4, 13).

He recognized and admitted his sins to You. And then turned to You for forgiveness and restoration (69:5-8). Blessed Father, how grateful I am to have You to turn to. Count on. Lean into.

As David's life changed, he was ridiculed. Thank You that You are far “more concerned about rebuilding our character than restoring our reputation” (69:9-12).

Thank You that I count myself as one referenced in verses 33-34, The Message. “For GOD listens to the poor, He doesn't walk out on the wretched. You heavens, praise Him; praise Him, earth; Also ocean and all things that swim in it.”

That was me yesterday. Swimming in Your wonderfully, warm [ocean] water. Thank You Father. Praise You. Use me well this day. Exactly as You wish. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(426 words ~ 11:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment