Sunday, October 11, 2015

well

Sunday, October 11, 2015 (6:03 a.m.)
Awesome God,

I'm going with the truth right here. I feel tired. A little grumpy. Even my body is a bit out of sorts. What shall we do with this scenario?
(6:59 a.m.)
And back to bed I went.

Father, thank You that we have options. Choices. Decisions. Wonders. Guide me this day in making them well.

Mm. “Well”. Tears are sliding. Thoughts are darting. Antonyms are: badly, poorly, barely. And I get to turn back to Your Word for words like “truth”, “healthy”, “strong”. Mm, yes. Father continue speaking to me.

New Living Translation, 3 John 1:2, “Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.” Blessed Father, it is You Who restores our strength. Our hope.

Father, thank You that every where in Your Word I look this morning I am encouraged. Reminded that You alone are God. You are good. You have a plan. You know all You are doing.

When Your apostle John wrote this letter to Gaius he wanted to commend him for his hospitality and to encourage him in his faithfulness. As I read his words, I ask (Matthew 7:7) that You would continue Your work in me to this end.

There are questions I have of past circumstances. Doubts. Fear. I look to You to present truth to me. John continued his letter with these words, “Some of the brothers recently returned and made me very happy by telling me about your faithfulness and that you are living in the truth. I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children live in the truth.”

Oh most dear and blessed God, how desperately I long to live in Your truth! Make it so blessed God. Make it so. I love You. I thank You. And I ask You. Amen.
(318 words ~ 8:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment