Thursday, October 15, 2015

encouragement

Thursday, October 15, 2015 (4:37 a.m.)
Holy God,

How I thank You for teamwork. Encouragement. Baby steps. And, again, encouragement.

Father, I confess to You the HUGE mess we have going on here. Disorganized storage of way too many things. Thank You that You are so much bigger than all the stuff I think I need to keep.

Thank You that You are truly working in my heart to evoke change. Thank You for the differences You've made in relationships, desires and priorities. It's because of Your love for each of us that communication, patience and understanding continue to develop.
(7:19 a.m.)

And as much as You do for and in and with us, You know far better than I how very much my thinking edges toward negativity. No matter how much is done, how much progress is made, the critical side of my nature rarely ceases to point out how very much more there is to do.

Blessed God, thank You for providing me the spouse who does not see things as I do. Thank You for his never ending attempts to encourage me. Thank You for his kind words of support and encouragement.

Yes. Encouragement.

Thank You Father for the opportunity to spend time this morning in Paul's second letter “to encourage the Thessalonian believers to fulfill their day-to-day responsibilities while anticipating Christ's return” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE).

Thank You too for the time to learn even more about Paul's reason for writing it. “To correct his audience's misunderstanding”. How cool is that? Way back when, believers misunderstood!

Blessed God, I love and thank You so very much. Today I am looking to You yet again asking (Matthew 7:7) that Your Truth be manifest in my life.

Here I quote the J. B. Phillips New Testament of Paul's words, “May the Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father [who has loved us and given us unending encouragement and unfailing hope by His grace] inspire you with courage and confidence in every good thing you say or do” (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17).

Mm, yes Father. Courage. Confidence. Good things. Empower me to use Your Truth well this day. I love You. Be easily seen in me I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(378 words ~ 7:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment