Friday, October 9, 2015

cries of my heart

Friday, October 9, 2015 (7:50 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You. Not only did You heard the cries of my heart yesterday, You answered them. Profoundly. Thank You!

Thank You that in choosing to be absolutely honest with You tears flowed freely. Often. And cleanly. Some just rolled. Others were choked by sobs. But when all was said and done at the end of the day, my soul felt cleansed of guck tracing back some fifteen years.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the ability to be that honest with You. Thank You that we are free to come to You exactly as we are. Hurt. Afraid. Raw. And You accept our pain, our fear and You grow us from there. Thank You.

Thank You that in turning to Your Word again I ask, “May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to You, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer” (Psalm 19:14). As I inch my way back up to the beginning of this chapter, at each verse I find myself adamantly agreeing with the psalmist.

Father thank You that You are so incredibly good. Thank You that Your Word is Truth. It is vital. Living (Hebrews 4:12).

And would You just look at this! The Life Recovery Bible comment for verses 4:12-13. “During hard times our faith tends to dwindle; we may grow angry and harden our heart to the truth about ourself. The antidote to this problem is the living Word of God, which has power to penetrate even the deepest denial.”

I am evidence of this! Thank You Father.

This is good new for those of struggling to overcome a dysfunctional lifestyle and having a tendency to distort reality. God knows everything about us, even the things we try to hide from ourself. We can count on Him, through His Word, to expose the problems and needs we will face in recovery.”

It is Your Living Word that allowed my thoughts and feelings to bubble forth yesterday. In a “highly emotional” way. Thank You, Father. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Holy Spirit.

Use me today to Your good and to Your glory. I love You. And I desire to serve You. Well. Thank You Blessed Father. Thank You. Amen.

(380 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment