Monday, October 5, 2015

God's wisdom

Monday, October 5, 2015 (5:43 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You. We took a day yesterday and did very little with it. Some would say wasted. Others? Regroup. Rest. Relax. And You? What are Your thoughts?
(6:39 a.m.)

Sometimes it seems the questions are too big. Not for You, of course. For me.

I do the wondering if it's okay to take a day to just replenish. And parts of me think, yes. Of course. But the critical side comes along with harsh judgments. So I bring it all back to You.
(7:19 a.m.)
And where do we end up? Your Word! Thank You.

Searching, “the mind of God” I got to read more of Your wisdom. Starting with 1 Corinthians 2:16. “... For, 'Who can know what the Lord is thinking? Who can give Him counsel?' But we can understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.”

And now I release a heavy sigh. Inhale a truly deep and cleansing breath. Relax my shoulders and choose once again to lean into and trust You.

Father, thank You. I can scold myself repeatedly for the story I tell myself about myself. Or I can come to the wisdom of Your Word.

One verse at a time I inch myself back up the pages. CHAPTER 2 Paul Preaches Wisdom. Right before that, The Wisdom of God. Reading over in The Learning Bible, the subtitle above 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 is Christ Is God's Power and Wisdom.

So I read. And hope. I get excited. And my head starts swirling. Blessed Father God, how I thank You for Your wisdom. Thank You that “The message about the cross doesn't make sense to lost people” (1 Corinthians 1:18a).

Thank You that when Paul wrote “To encourage the believers living in Corinth to resolve their problems and honor God” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE) he quoted Isaiah speaking Your Words to Your people.

I tend to find myself in such good company when I read, “I will destroy the wisdom of all who claim to be wise. I will confuse those who think they know so much” (1 Corinthians 1:19; Isaiah 29:14). I smile and again breathe in deeply as I remember that my job here is to follow Your lead.

And would You just take a look right here? A comment (The Life Recovery Bible) for 1 Corinthians 2:14-15, “People who refuse to turn their life over to the care of God cannot understand God's truth or His plan. That's why recovery begins not with understanding but with a decision to follow God. Prior to that decision, God's way may seem like madness. Only when we face the fact that our life is insane can we open ourself to God and His good plan for us.”

Blessed, Holy God I absolutely believe You have such a good plan for each of us! As much as I long for others to see Your wisdom, I must confess to doing such a poor job of advocating for It. Enable and empower me to this end.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You to continue destroying my human wisdom. It's You and Your wisdom I want to share. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(547 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment