Wednesday, October 7, 2015

peace of mind

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 (4:45 a.m.)
Holiest God,

Good morning. Thank You. It's beautifully clear outside.
(6:05 a.m.)

And distractions prevail. Focus my mind, heart, soul and strength (Mark 12:30) back to You. Holy God, I love You. I want to serve You. And I want to do it well.

The sun is rising. There is much beauty. And still my mind wanders. There are concerns. Apprehensions. Unease. I look to You for the opposite. Peace of mind.

I spoke of it yesterday with a much loved one. Referencing Philippians 4:7. Oh, and would You just look at how The Message presents it! Tied, of course, with the preceding verse.

“Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.”

Mm, yes! “A sense of God's wholeness”. Christ displacing worry. Yes! Please. More of that.
(7:10 a.m.)

Another diversion. A great conversation. With YOU as the focal point. Thank You God. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit.

The Life Recovery Bible's comment for Philippians 4:4-9. “True happiness can be found in every situation of life when we recognize that God is at work and always in control. Because Christ is with us and His return is certain, we can act calmly in pain and difficulty. Peace and joy come when we focus on those things that provide lasting value to our life. The more we commit ourself to knowing God's will through prayer and study of His Word, the better prepared we are to help ourself and others in the process of recovery.”

To this I add only, “Make it so Blessed God. Make it so.” I love You so very much. And I thank You for the blessings You continue providing. Thank You for being the incredibly good God that You are. Use me as You wish this day. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(353 words ~ 7:18 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment